Continued success & growth has C3 Water Inc. seeking an Intermediate level candidate to fill this position. The successful applicant will possess relevant co-operative, work, and/or educational experience, be proficient with English language communication and report writing skills and have the ability to work well with others as a part of a team.
The position is based at our Breslau, Ontario office but remote working is currently permitted and welcomed, with office work and site visits as needed. Long term, it is anticipated that a hybrid model of remote and office work will be maintained. A valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required. The successful candidate will hold a relevant post-secondary technical degree or diploma and be expected to pursue or currently possess a Certified Technician (C. Tech) designation with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in design and production of 2D drawings and 3D models using the latest CAD tools for a variety of water, wastewater and municipal infrastructure projects. Preparing sketches, renderings, technical figures, and calculations for engineering reports and presentations. Supporting the project team in conducting design optimization. Documenting, tracking, and addressing design comments and drawing markups.
- Verifying compliance of drawings with appropriate standards, codes, and guidelines.
- Assisting with the preparation of fee estimates and proposals
- Collaborating with a variety of professionals on the preparation of engineering reports, specifications, and other technical writing assignments.
- Assisting with liaison with municipalities, clients and other agencies.
- Supporting construction projects through regular on-site inspections and construction administration tasks as required.
- Participating in the ongoing improvement of work methods and processes
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- University or Technical degree, diploma, or equivalent post-secondary education in the area of drafting/civil/ water resources/ environmental engineering.
- 4+ years in an engineering CAD design role, experience with construction inspection and/or contract administration would be considered an asset.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, Solidworks, and MicroStation associated with water, wastewater, and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Experience working with ArcGIS software would be considered an asset.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project would be considered an asset.
- Experience with using Adobe Pro, Bluebeam Revu, and/or other PDF editing software would be considered an asset.
- Electrical and controls CAD experience would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of construction health and safety practices would be considered an asset.
- Self-directed, responsible and hard working.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Have a positive attitude towards the firm and their co-workers.
Annual salary will depend upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Employees become eligible for a company sponsored benefits program after successfully completing a three (3) month probationary period and become eligible for a company sponsored registered pension program after one (1) year of service.
Life at C3 Water
C3 Water Inc. has been steadily growing since its founding in 2013. We pride ourselves on being an employee owned, Canadian small business that values diversity, company culture, ethics and integrity. Ideas and new perspectives are openly encouraged. The long term personal and professional growth of employees is strongly encouraged and supported.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, we would be happy to hear from you. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.